Hello to all our fellow wardens! We hope you’re enjoying Prison Architect: Xbox One Edition in Game Preview.
For those “Fresh Fish” yet to join in the fun, you can check it out on the Xbox One Store.
We’re delighted to announce that our first XGP Update v184.108.40.206 is now live and it’s a big one!
In v220.127.116.11 we’re introducing World of Wardens; Prison Architect’s online prison sharing system as well as number of content updates and game improvements brought forward by both the community and the team at Double Eleven.
World of Wardens is still a big feature in development that’s now live in Game Preview for you to try out, share and download each other’s awesome prison creations. We anticipate that with your feedback that there may be the odd issue to iron out before it’s fully finalized.
We’ve had some great feedback and bugs submitted on our Submit a Bug page, which has helped us shape our first update, so thanks to all the Prison Architect Game Preview supporters. We hope you enjoy the changes, keep that feedback coming and if you have any questions hit us up on the forums !
Here’s the list of changes and new things implemented within v18.104.22.168 –
World of Wardens
- Introduced World of Wardens area for all users! Go out and share your
creations with the world! You’ll need to sign up for a free DoubleID
in order to access it.
(Community) New features have been added to the Planning tool. Plans can now be erased individually or quickly turned into walls.
(Community) Holding ‘B’ to draw a ‘Cancel’ selection rectangle will now cancel multiple jobs within that zone properly.
(Community) Shop goods no longer get delivered constantly.
(Community) Various missing text strings now added.
- Added the ability for players to set the frequency of their autosave,
in the Options Menu.
- Mail and Laundry can now be set up for individual cells, as well as
- Clone tool improvements to ensure that foundations are cloned
correctly. In addition, the clone area can be flipped and rotated.
- A new Staff Alert and To Do List item will message players that have
areas/rooms in their prison that their prisoners could work in.
- Increased the size of the Quick Shop room to prevent clutter.
- Various collectible Snapshots now unlock in Prison Stories.
- Fixed a crash caused when demolishing loads of objects and structures
- Firemen’s hoses now point to where they are spraying water.
- Chefs no longer walk through walls to get to a kitchen sink.
- Improved the Fire Engine AI. For example it won’t come to collect
firemen who may have already left on foot.
- Punishments will update to Lockdown if the player chooses Lockdown
over Solitary Confinement as a punishment.
- The Laundry Basket object can now be removed by the workers, as with
most other objects.
- Fix for dog handlers not obeying allocated stations/patrol routes &
fixed patrol route icon selection.
- Metal detectors, ovens and fridge objects now line up correctly.
- Remove Object menu now remembers the last action used.
- You can now jump straight into the wiring view by selecting various
- Added the rotation function to several new objects. Doors for example
can now be rotated to choose which side they will open and close.
- Dog Handler guards can now be posted to areas and rooms (in addition
to standard guards).
- Fixed a few issues where the camera zoom could become locked in
- Various improvements to the AI of patrolling guards. Guards for
example will now leave their post/patrol to temporarily unlock a road
gate or door.
Performance and Stability
- Improved overall game performance.
- Improved the stability of the game when creating very large
- Selling a prison no longer causes a crash.
- Disconnecting a controller no longer causes a crash.
- Improved the stability of the save function by safeguarding against
rare cases of save corruption.
- Attempting to repay a bank loan with insufficient funds no longer
causes a crash.
- Improved the chequered floor room effect to still be able to see the
chosen flooring type.
- Placeholder artwork for highlighting objects and moving Guards has
been replaced with nice coloured outlines.
- Various tweaks to the presentation of Executions.
(Community) Added minimum room dimensions info to the Rooms UI to provide a hint for the size each room should be.
(Community) Adjusted the transparency of the OSD top bar element to prevent screen burn over time.
(Community) Increased the text size in various areas of the UI and Front End to improve readability.
- We now display the initial hiring fee and daily wages each staff
member in the Hire Staff UI hint. Upgraded the Contraband UI with
final art to be more readable.
- Fixed an issue where adjusting the UI position would cause black bar
borders to appear on some in game UIs. Improvements to the style and
quality of the Gangs UI, when gangs enter a prison.
- Clearer messaging in the Security Sectors context to understand each
area’s current status.
- Improved the appearance of ‘No Access’ zones.
- Added new SFX to various actions in game and in the Front End.
- Users are now able to adjust different aspects of the game audio in
the Options Menu.
- Various tweaks and fixes to the Prison Stories missions to prevent
players becoming unable to progress.
- Made the optional objectives in the ‘Conviction’ Prison Story easier.
- Improvements to how the Prison Stories snapshots are unlocked.
- We are now localised into Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese,
Brazilian-Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese